Day 41

Ammon mentioned to me this morning that we needed to make some ice-blocks today. We went though a massive faze at the start of summer where we were making them daily, it was awesome, but we somehow dropped the ball!

So we whipped out some fruit (being the end of the week, all we had left was a punnet of strawberries, a slice of watermelon and an orange) slender-blended them together and popped them in the freezer for after nap-time. It was a combination that for some reason, we have not tried before- they were DELICIOUS! So much so that Ammon wanted to eat them all, and we just had to race down to the fruit shop to buy more ingredients in bulk;) So the afternoon was also spent making, and eating ice-blocks:) (It was the perfect weather for it today!)

I’m grateful for a local green grocer with awesome fresh produce (we didn’t have one for a while), summer days and ice-block moulds! Yum! And on that note, I might just go sneak an ice-block from the freezer;)

Comments

comments

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

8 responses to “Day 41”

1. Melissa says:

we hadn’t done our own ice blocks for a while. But the other day we had some left over banana/ovaltine smoothies and turned them into ice blocks. good job keeping up with the project…..I am enjoying your posts.

• Fiona Murphy says:

Thanks Melly! Oh how good are they?! Yum! Banana/ovaltine sounds yummy. We made some mango/banana/strawberry (and a snuck in a bit of ice-cream) ones too. Haven’t tasted them yet, but should be sweet. I’m hooked todays fav flavour though. YUM!

2. Jess says:

Oh my they look soooo good!

• Fiona Murphy says:

Oh yeah! I’m totally hooked. Strawberries are pretty much out of season though… I’ve done myself a serious injustice only making these now. I NEED MORE! Freezer stash is getting seriously low;)

3. Heidi says:

Beautiful photos! And homemade ice blocks are the best. We haven’t reached that stage with my son yet but I can still remember how much I loved these as a kid

• Fiona Murphy says:

Heidi make them for yourself! 😉 I’m so hooked again, and I don’t feel in the least bit guilty having a healthy “treat” 😀

4. Georgia says:

I love being part of this project with all of you Australians because I love hearing the difference in our vocabularies 🙂 Ice blocks are popscicles over here.